Born and raised in the Arizona desert, I am a proud Arizona State alum (go Devils!). After graduating with honors and two Bachelors Degrees, I began my teaching career and later earned my Masters Degree in Rhetoric and Teaching Writing.
Now I live in Silicon Valley where I am learning about the impactful world of philanthropy through my work at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. I am constantly looking for opportunities to network and collaborate with others seeking to amplify the voices of marginalized populations.
When I’m not at my day job, you’ll find me writing blogs for my freelance clients or volunteering with a local community organization. In my free time, I like to try new restaurants and explore beautiful Bay Area hiking trails with my husband and golden retriever.
Creative leader with extensive education and experience in project and program management, learning and development, and communication who thrives in collaborative, fast-paced environments. Looking to leverage a social-sector background along with operational experience to enhance company culture and drive employee engagement.
Operations Coordinator; The David and Lucile Packard Foundation (2017 – Present)
- Standardize the design of, and successfully deliver, learning, and development opportunities and events to ensure internal and global stakeholder compliance with Foundation policies and international grantmaking laws as well as to promote engagement and satisfaction.
- Plan, sponsor, and execute events for the Office of the General Counsel and across the Foundation.
- Drive department efficiency and effectiveness by establishing project management principles and working cross-functionally to improve processes and ensure implementation within budget.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop onboarding curriculum, test and implement Cornerstone LMS, and lead the Program Support Team (the only Employee Resource Group).
- Streamline end-to-end partner management, including selection, contract management, and payments to eliminate past due invoices and reduce administrative burden while managing department budget.
- Lead company-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) events and education as a member of the leadership team within the DEI Work Group and program manager of the Affinity Groups.
Copywriter, Freelance; Sunnyvale, CA (2015 – Present)
- Collaborate with global brands to coordinate communications and increase social impact by creating educational and inspiring content across a variety of media.
- Partner with SEO teams to enhance web presence and searchability.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor; Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD (2012 – 2017)
- Taught independently and in co-teaching environments while collaborating with grade-level teams to ensure dynamic and engaging instructional design supported by technology.
- Collected and analyzed evaluation data to analyze impact, inform instruction, and develop appropriate interventions.
- Designed, delivered, and evaluated engaging technologically-rich English and Leadership instruction for a diverse group of students across four different courses.
- Sponsored school-wide engagement events and volunteer opportunities in conjunction with community and national partners.
Member Engagement Coordinator, Camelback CrossFit; Scottsdale, AZ (2015 – 2017)
- Organize monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drive digital communication between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilize data analysis tools to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management, City of Phoenix Aquatics; Phoenix, AZ (2012 – 2014)
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- Applied Project Management Certificate, July 2019; University of California – Irvine
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016; Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012; Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012; Arizona State University
- Board Member • California School-Age Consortium • January 2019 – Present
- Chair of Fundraising Events & Sponsorships • Junior League of Palo Alto–MP • May 2018 – Present
- Wish Granter • Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area • January 2018 – Present
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee • Junior League of Palo Alto–Mid Peninsula • Spring 2018