Creative leader with extensive education and experience in project and program management, learning and development, and communications who thrives in collaborative, fast-paced environments. Looking to leverage a social-sector background along with operational experience to enhance company culture and drive employee engagement.
Internal Communications Manager • The David and Lucile Packard Foundation • March 2020 – Present
- Developed and currently leading the Foundation’s first internal communications strategy, focused on driving transparency, inspiration, and connection throughout the organization.
- Work cross-functionally to drive collaboration, communication, and engagement between leadership and staff.
- Lead the adoption, implementation, and management of communication channels including the Foundation’s new intranet and staff Teams channel to foster global connection and collaboration.
- Support internal committees, projects, and initiatives with critical communications, including partnering with executive leadership on e-mails, surveys, presentations, announcements, blogs, and employee engagement opportunities.
- Serve as the Communications lead for all operations departments, streamlining announcements by leveraging multiple communication channels and creating a monthly newsletter.
- Design and execute engaging culture-building events and meetings, virtually and in-person.
- Participate in diversity and inclusion efforts through workgroups, affinity group leadership, communications support, and personal reflection and education.
Operations Coordinator • The David and Lucile Packard Foundation • 2017 – 2020
- Standardize the design of, and successfully deliver, learning, and development opportunities and events to ensure internal and global stakeholder compliance with Foundation policies and international grantmaking laws as well as to promote engagement and satisfaction.
- Plan, sponsor, and execute events for the Office of the General Counsel and across the Foundation.
- Drive department efficiency and effectiveness by establishing project management principles and working cross-functionally to improve processes and ensure implementation within budget.
- Partner with Human Resources to develop onboarding curriculum, test and implement Cornerstone LMS, and lead the Program Support Team (the only Employee Resource Group).
- Streamline end-to-end partner management, including selection, contract management, and payments to eliminate past due invoices and reduce administrative burden while managing department budget.
- Lead company-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) events and education as a member of the leadership team within the DEI Work Group and program manager of the Affinity Groups.
Copywriter • Freelance • 2015 – 2020
- Collaborate with global brands to coordinate communications and increase social impact by creating educational and inspiring content across a variety of media.
- Partner with SEO teams to enhance web presence and searchability.
Teacher & Student Government Advisor • Phoenix UHSD & Gilbert USD • 2012 – 2017
- Taught independently and in co-teaching environments while collaborating with grade-level teams to ensure dynamic and engaging instructional design supported by technology.
- Collected and analyzed evaluation data to analyze impact, inform instruction, and develop appropriate interventions.
- Designed, delivered, and evaluated engaging technologically-rich English and Leadership instruction for a diverse group of students across four different courses.
- Sponsored school-wide engagement events and volunteer opportunities in conjunction with community and national partners.
Member Engagement Coordinator • Camelback CrossFit • 2015 – 2017
- Organized monthly events to engage membership and create added value.
- Drove digital communication via e-mail newsletter and social media between gym stakeholders to enhance customer experience.
- Utilized data analytics to track success, identify trends, and develop action plans.
Management • City of Phoenix Aquatics • 2012 – 2014
- Directed daily operations of a staff of 20+ employees ensuring efficiency and compliance in guest services, bookkeeping, and overall safety.
- Designed and executed weekly trainings and daily drills to reinforce effective life-saving strategies and teamwork.
- M.A. Rhetoric & Teaching Writing, 2016 • Northern Arizona University
- B.A. English (Literature), 2012 • Arizona State University
- B.A.E. Secondary Education (English), 2012 • Arizona State University
- Applied Project Management Certificate, July 2019 • University of California – Irvine
- Board Member • California School-Age Consortium • January 2019 – Present
- Chair of Fundraising Events & Sponsorships • Junior League of Palo Alto–MP • May 2018 – Present
- Wish Granter • Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area • January 2018 – Present
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee • Junior League of Palo Alto–Mid Peninsula • Spring 2018